10.07.2009

I know I can

It is amazing how quickly I start looking at and thinking "big picture." I have problems with the whole tree vs forest metaphor. In a given moment, I can only see the trees. I can only see the food right in front of me and I don't feel like I make good choices in those given moments. But left alone to my own devices with food and exercise off the table, I start thinking in terms of grandiose goals and projects for myself. And ONE day I am going to learn that this is my demise!

The Focus: November 1st. That is all. 10 lbs. That is all.

Today:
Breakfast, er, lunch really - organic waffle, greek yogurt w/ agave & blueberries on top
Dinner @ Bodega: hummus & pita, chopped salad, 2 glasses white wine

I'm pretty sure I stayed well w/in my calorie targets but I don't think this day went out super nutritionally.

I need to get better at eating every 4 hours.

Actually, before 11/1, I really just need to focus on the race on Sunday. 13.1 miles. I haven't trained hard enough-- but I KNOW I can DO it.

Because my body will forgive me, but my mind never will.

No comments: