12.14.2011

for the moment

Just a few miscellaneous thoughts I had today ...

-- I really am addicted to Starbucks.

-- But also - more secretly - 7-11 - and that's a ritual ingrained from earliest childhood years that will probably get it's own post in coming weeks

-- Being honest is extremely powerful -- with parents, friends, dates, former lovers, etc.
Mostly this involves saying no. No, I do not agree with you. No, I will not live my life your way. No, I will not go out with you again. No, you cannot come over. 

-- Must Run Must Run Must Run ... where is my running watch??

-- God I love The Biggest Loser marathon episode. And HOW could the producers let them run in a sand storm?

-- I'm having a bit of a career crisis lately. I made some critical decisions in that area as well.

-- Did pretty well with food and got a sprinting run in with Teddy. (He's pretty darn fast!)

All in all, a strangely emotional, yet, calm-inspiring day.


Success for the moment I'd say.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Just a quick note to tell you you're awesome and keep at it. all these things you're realizing are such a huge part of the process in making a lifestyle change. for me, learning to eat at home 5-6 nights a week (as well as eating breakfast and making a lunch) instead of out plus cutting back on my beloved starbucks makes such a difference. have you tried planning your meals in advance, that helped us a ton, especially when Matt does WW.keep at it Paige!

Sharon said...

oh and check out my trainers most recent blog post about starbucks addictions and the holidays and how to still be able to go yet be healthy about it :)
http://www.juliemichaelsontraining.com/blog.html?entry=36

Unknown said...

that is a GREAT starbucks breakdown!!! thanks for the note sharon!