5.16.2012

I want it back

I think I'm ready to try again. I want it back. I have this photo at a wedding on the beach last July 30th. And I was SO happy that day. So incredibly happy. And I had been for months. Because I'd been dedicated to losing the weight. I worked with my trainer 3 days a week and I thought about what I ate and when I was exercising, constantly. My life revolved around it. People got sick of my facebook check-in's at 24 hour fitness, but I was really happy.

Every time you start again after failing, or succeeding, but then ceding, to failure, it seems harder... less attainable somehow. Maybe that's why at 32, after having started dieting by the 5th grade, it seems almost impossible.

I'm really tired of whining about it and thinking about it and analyzing it and dreaming about how it could be. It's very Nike-ish now... time to Just Do It.

My current goal is to lose 10 lbs by June 18th. That's it. I've made enough excel spreadsheets to last a lifetime. I don't need to do that anymore. I need to just look at one small, manageable goal at a time, hit it, and keep going.

I want to turn this blog around too. I want it to be less oriented on the "bitch" and more about new, fun, healthy things I'm trying or have found or discovered. It's my goal to report back on 2-4 "healthy" things I've tried or incorporated each week.

I'm up about 20 lbs since last September ... it's time to take it off ... and keep going.

Wanna know what inspired this post? Read about the 9 things no one wants to regret when they're older ...

No comments: