9.30.2008

finding motivation

On the list of my super priorities in life- or, in each individual day- I just can't seem to make myself go to the gym. I can't find clean work out clothes- or socks - or even my tennis shoes right now. I have no idea where they are.

My couch has never felt more comfy. I work from it w/ my laptop. I watch tv on it. I even sleep on it occasionally. Alright alright- the last 3 nights. I know!

I need to sign up for a trainer. I need to JUST go for a walk. Oh b/c ALSO- I'm supposed to do the Long Beach Half Marathon in a week and a half and haven't run in probably more than 2 months. I keep waking up thinking- today I will do an 8miler test run to see if I can still pull it off. Instead I put it off. I'm so feeble. Who thinks they can do 13.1 miles without training? Who does that? No one. Well, maybe some Kenyans. But they probably CAN.

I would like to be independently wealthy so that I can have a chef, trainer, and maid. Ahh that would be the life. :)

2 comments:

LB said...

Keep going.

It's perfectly acceptable to come home every night and make dinner by yourself, for yourself, and go to bed early, and get up early and work out.

It's called my life. I do it daily. And my friends do it to. It's what happens when you leave college and enter the real world, unless you are Carrie in SATC.

Now go buy enough gym clothes so you can get by w/o doing laundry every day and get to the beach. Um, at least you HAVE a beach. :)

Unknown said...

I want to be Carrie in SATC - actually Samantha if we're going down that path- but you get the idea ;)