4.27.2008

I already don't want to go though

So, I am up a little bit after this weekend's weigh-in... but effectively, I am down about 2.5 per week for the last 2 weeks. At least, that's how I'm choosing to look at it. I knew that 7lb loss couldn't be sustained.

However, I am exactly, precisely 3 lbs away from my 10% goal that I have been trying to hit, well, forever, but more specifically since March. I am going to work really hard this week. I just made a fresh batch of iced green tea. I bought WW 2 point bars which are so yummy. I have not restocked my fridge- but I think I'm ok for the week... I need to actually USE what I have. Which is always my problem.

I really want to go running every morning this week but I have a lot of work in front of me this and that tends to take over sometimes. We will see. Honestly any exercise at this point would be better than what is occuring now, so I'm gonna go with that. Maybe I'll start w/ just a walk. That seems more attainable right now.

If I get too busy- I need to go to the store and stock up on lean cuisines. That will get me thru. It's the time, effort, and mess, of cooking that often deters me. I need to prepare for dinners. Or defer to Subway. Evenings are also busy. Mon-kickball. Tues/Thurs- Kaplan LSAT class. Wed- showing property/working. Fri- Shabbat engagement dinner. Fri will actually require extra planning. I am attending Persian Shabbat dinner in Beverly Hills for an engagement celebration and I have no idea what food I will be faced with. And as that is the night before weigh-in, I must be particularly conscious of salt intake as well. At least I have it in mind in advance.

I think the a.m. walking will be the way to go- but that will also require me to get to bed early, despite these evening activities- as my days are pretty packed this week. I even have to go to court on Friday to confirm a sale ... which is also not part of my norm routine.

Thinking about all of this in advance is good- but still isn't going to get me where I need to be. I must plan, each day, the day before, in order to truly succeed this week.

Also, I wrote a really emotional post last night, which quite honestly, no one needs to read- not even me. But the essence of it is that I am a really emotional eater and I have got to learn how to get that under control. It is currently my go-to coping mechanism and I must get past that at some point.

Again, I think the walking in the a.m.'s will help. I already don't want to go though.

No comments: