4.16.2008

the haps

So, my faithful & loyal, I am back. Thank you to everyone for harassing me about the blog. That's sort of why I started it. So I couldn't let my effort fade. I have hit the dreaded plateau. I have gained and lost the same 2-3 lbs for the last 2 months. The good news is: I'm not up by much. I'm about the same weight I was around Valentine's Day... Which is when I had that crazy huge 7lb loss due to hangover dehydration (or so I think.) Here is a brief little update...

I was down 2, 2 weeks ago, and up 2.8 this week, and it goes on. But Sunday night, dearest Lindsey came to save me and we went grocery shopping and did some veggie chopping and I have a stocked house again so that I will not defer to Taco Bell anymore. :) I have been tracking my food this week again online w/ the WW e-tools. And I went for a walk w/ my mom this morning. All in all, I've been making that change again and doing the work. And thank god I've found the groove again.

I felt like I was on my way here... White Rock Lake... Dallas, TX... March 2, 2008. This is definitely one of the more recent full body shots of me. I don't allow them. I was doing ok. I looked better than I had in quite some time and I was pretty happy.
But then I came back to Long Beach and started my job w/ WAKA Kickball and put an amazing deal into escrow and signed up for a Kaplan LSAT prep class. And I got stressed and didn't know how to eat right outside of making myself a hermit at home. And, I stopped exercising. I stopped finding the time.

I went on a bachelorette wine tasting adventure and that was really one of the worst gains I've had in some time.
And lastly, I thought I was finally balancing... but the most recent pix I have while on a pubcrawl, show otherwise. The face fat is more evident. My arms are worse than they were when I was doing the 24Lift & 24Set classes at 24hour.



There is a theme... the social drinking. I have curtailed the problem-like sort of drinking. But with my body, still, ANY consumption at all- even if I count the points- my body will not accept this. It recognizes it is not fuel. It will not lose weight if I drink. It's LOW in tolerance. I mean, we're talking 1-3 bud lights in a week... and I still won't lose weight- even if I do everything else right. It is not fair. And I'm going to have to adjust this - or work out more- or something - to account for my lifestyle- if I want to lose weight.
In happy news, I got my bridesmaid dress for Amy's wedding and that fits and looks beautiful. It only needs to be hemmed. And last October, when I tried on the largest size in the store, it would not zip. So really, I'm thrilled about that. It means I have still done something. That even though I am struggling now, I can remember that I HAVE accomplished a lot, already, regardless of how much I can convince myself its meaningless- it's not.

I am so freaking busy- more than I have been in some time. And I am trying to figure out how to "do it all" ... without food as my go-to source of comfort. I'm not on stable ground yet, but I'm workin on it.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Hooray for the update! And that is awesome about the bridesmaids dress (which is beautiful ... by the way Amy if you're reading ;) That accomplishment would definitely be considered a NSV and a major one in WW world. Keep up the good work. We'll have to have another Long Beach adventure soon when we can actually cook. ;)