1.09.2013

2013 ... Detox!

Lessons learned from detox:

Day 1: I am truly addicted to Starbucks. Not only am I physically addicted but I'm habitually addicted as well. I have a LOT more time in my day when I am not wasting time thinking about what I'm going to eat. And where. I think I was truly up to 3 stops a day...

Day 2: caffeine withdrawal hurts. I didn't even stop cold turkey, I'm weaning myself down, and it still hurts, a lot. After a nap, some Advil, a raging hot shower, and some lean protein, I feel MUCH better. #addict

I am really excited about healthy eating and cooking in 2013. I definitely feel my age and see 40 in the far off (but not THAT far off) future and want to be healthy, fit, and energized about life. At least, moreso than I am now.

What I am actually doing...
It's a 21 day detox supervised by Dr. Randy Weinzoff in Santa Monica. There are a MASS of supplements to take, 2 protein shakes per day, 1 piece of lean protein per day, and all the fruits and veggies I like. No salt. No alcohol (obviously).
I did this once before about 2-3 years ago and felt SO amazing by the end of it.

So the plan is to get rid of all my cravings and addictions, heal my digestive tract, and reset myself up for healthy success!

YAY 2013!

No comments: