2.18.2008

in the downward direction

so i'm up on my home scale again. i sort of knew that would happen. i think part of my big loss this past week was water weight. so, my goal this week is to maintain my huge loss of last week.

i think i am going to do the los al race on the base 5k this saturday. i did it 2 yrs ago right after my marathon. i'm gonna do my own pace- but i'm definitely going to beat my time from the santa monica/venice xmas fun run back in december.

i haven't been running the past few weeks- so i'm going to have to work that back in to my workouts this week. and it means i'll probably weigh-in for weight watchers on fri. or sun. next week... it'll be interesting- that's for sure.

also- b/c i lost so much last week- i lost a daily point i get to eat. which is good- it means i'm slowly phasing in the downward direction. but it really is an adjustment when it happens. and i'm trying to keep in mind what it's going to feel like when i am a normal size and have like 10 or more, less points every day than i have now.

those 10 extra points are my room for error right now. they're my room for junk food to stay in my life. room for bud light. room for bar food. and i see that eventually i am really going to have to reform my life even more. it's too much to contemplate right now- that's why weight watchers is going to work for me- b/c i can do it SLOWly. but every now 'n then, i get a glimpse, and it freaks me out.

right now, i'm just glad that i am continuing in the right direction. despite variances in success levels- i'm keeping it going. i have never been this close to my 10% goal. so i'm already immensely proud of myself.

also- my hipcooks class is coming up as reward. and i am super excited for that! i discovered a new "series" they offer that is all about healthy eating. some of it is a little too 'out there' for me, and its more expensive than their normal classes- but it looks like it could be a good influence on me.

we shall see. there is much more work to be done.

No comments: