6.29.2008

the shopping high

So- I went shopping yesterday. And I think instead of depriving myself of shopping all this time... I should allow it. B/c I feel WAY better about myself in clothes I like than in clothes I'm sick of having to wear b/c nothing else fits.

Also... I bought a bathing suit! And I actually LOVE it! Shocking I know.

Here's a pic of the top- the bottoms I got are also pink, and a skirt, not shorts...


I can't believe I'm so happy about my shopping outing but I am. I got lots of new fun stuff. And even though I hope to shrink and not be able to wear it all for that long... in the short-term, it's a definite confidence boost that is necessary to maintain the morale to keep up the weightloss efforts.

Also, I am really, actually, really, going to do the LB Half Marathon. I didn't sign up to train w/ the LB Beach Runners like I wanted to- they started in May. But I counted out the weeks, (you know how I love lists & calendars) and I still have enough time to gradually get up to 14miles, and taper for 2 weeks before the race. Hopefully October will be good running weather. A friend of mine is doing the Disneyland Half- so now I'll feel like a slacker if I give up this goal of mine to do the LB Half. There's nothing like faux competition to motivate a girl to put her tennis shoes on.

I've gotten kind of messy in the last 3 weeks or so. It's time to put it all back together. Unfortunately that includes a regimented schedule, and regimented eating & drinking. I'll have to come up with a plan... that I actually like...

No comments: