5.11.2008

change before you have to

I lost 2.4 lbs this week- which counts for the last 2 weeks since I didn't really weigh-in last week. I am 0.6 lbs away from my 10% goal that I have been struggling to hit since the end of Feb/Mar.

I am almost there... and I should be able to hit it next Saturday at my regular meeting.
There are some factors to consider though. One is that I've started blood pressure medication, and a daily vitamin. I'm not sure what effect this will have on my day-to-day weight. I have however quit smoking and quit using salt on anything and have avoided eating foods out that may have high salt contents- so that should all work in my favor. I've increased pom/green tea & white/green tea & water consumption... which should also help. The period is always a monthly factor with the scale and I'm never quite sure about when that one's gonna take it's toll. And aside from the pure science- I could go off the psychological deep end about it and sabotage myself since I am SO freakin close to success. I am trying to be really aware of all of these factors- and accept them, and still maintain that come hell or high water, I WILL lose those 0.6 THIS week.

I know organic core plan living is not going to come easy for me. Much as I want to do the core plan, I think what I am actually going to be doing is still counting points while eating *mostly* core foods. I'm not sure I'm totally there yet. I really like my organic apple granola cereal - which- while healthy- is higher in calories, so, more point-y, and not totally core b/c of some of the brown rice sugars in it. Core is almost a sort of sugar busters diet and I may not be ready to cut all sugar- I may only be ready to choose the "healthier" sugars. I'm not going to go so far to the extreme that I give up entirely. I have been pretty full since starting this so I think I am choosing better foods that have MUCH more nutritional value and satiety- levels...

Up for tackling this week: eliminating extra sugar-y alcoholic beverages & exercising daily.

No comments: