5.08.2008

the pieces

I'm really sleepy & sliding into caffeine withdrawal. I need some black tea.

I had organic apple granola cereal & nonfat milk sprinkled w/ some ground flaxseed.
I had a cup of pomegranate green tea / juice.

I also had an organic peanut butter granola bar- the least healthy of all the items... but a girl's gotta start somewhere.

I am soon pouring some kettle brewed green & white tea and I'm not gonna lie- I may still need the starbucks iced black coffee to get me thru.

It's gonna go like this. The caffeine... is gonna help get me thru the sugar & nicotine withdrawals. When it comes time to get rid of the caffeine, WAY down the road, it's gonna get ugly. But hopefully I'll be a waaay healthier girl by then and will be stronger to handle it.

I didn't buy the stevia at the store. I contemplated it. I had it in my cart... but I have a whole box of splenda in my house and I just feel bad throwing that away. I need to bake something to use it all up- and give it away. Then I can, with a peaceful mind, go get the stevia.

I've reviewed some of the core plan on the WW website. I forgot deli meats are not included. So, I'll just have to order the chicken breast at subway or togo's today. That will not be organic, but we're working on baby steps here.

I also don't think I bought nearly enough of the brown rice/couscous family of stuff-- I'll need more of that.

I think also that maybe hipcooks shouldn't be my rewards. I'm thinking maybe that hipcooks should be part of my life so that I can get better at experimenting and trying new stuff and having fun in my kitchen.

This is going to be a crucial element to doing this successfully-- cooking.

I think my go-to meal over the summer is going to be grilled chicken and veggie skewers. It's easy- I can make it w/o screwing it up, and I like it a lot.

I have done this. I have gotten myself to this place. And I am the only one who can get myself out of it.

No comments: