12.17.2007

Choose

--> "FREE. TO DO WHAT I WANT. ANY OL TIME."

--> No, Sarah, I do no want to look like the super skinny girl IN the dress... I just want the dress. In a size 10 or under.

--> This is the week I will make it, or fail. I can feel it.

--> Yes, long beach can be lonely. I know I cannot fill that with food anymore.

--> No, I am not perfect. And that IS ok.

--> Yes, I have a god damn choice. And I have control over more than I think I do. And, less than I think I do.

--> No, I have no eaten all of my points for the day.
--> And yes, I blew some on empty calories for a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.

The beginning is always hard and easy. It is hard to start, but once you do, it's pretty easy to keep moving-- b/c it's still new. But once the repetition sets in, you sort of have to start playing mind games with yourself to distract your body from the pain.

I could have written that about the marathon 2 years ago- or I could say it about my weightloss struggle today.

The past few weeks have been pretty easy... but this week, oh this week FEELS different. I have lost one point per day. My kitchen seems less "stocked" (even though it is). The period factor is rolling in this week (sorry if that's tmi for some of you). But it's a factor. Typically, I can gain 3 pounds during one week each month. And typically I spend the rest of that month, taking those 3 lbs off. I am DETERMINED to lose this week despite nature working against me.

The good news is- I don't have major holiday feasts in front of me like most people do right now. I can keep it in check. Alcohol is going to play a major role- or the lack of it. I need to keep it out of my system AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. Activity... it's time to really add it in...

I have a choice- every day, every hour, every minute. It's up to me to choose correctly, as much as possible, and to let it go, when I don't.

2 comments:

LB said...

Trying to remain or even attain perfect on a daily basis would just be exhausting, and, to the outsider, may seem pretty narcissistic, all this "but I NEEEED to be perfect."

I know what you mean by wanting to be perfect, I am just saying...look at the bigger picture of it all sometimes. You really are ok, minus everything you want to lose, of course :)

lindsey said...

Paige,

I just wanted you to know that i'm thinking about you and rooting for your success. I know its a tough road, but you have it in your to succeed. I'm on your team. This quote helps me sometimes when i feel ineffective in my life... all the strength you need is inside you!

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own.
And you know what you know. You are the guy who'll decide where to go.”
(Dr. Seuss)