12.31.2007

out of the fog-- it's only monday...

Alright- I have come out of the food coma fog I was in last night. I calculated all the "points" I ate, and then I calculated how much exercise I need to do to today to make up for it.

I have used my weekly points. That's ok. I wanted to save them for New Years Day to watch SC football at Sharkeez. But I have calculated how much exercise I need to do tomorrow a.m. to allow for the drinking tomorrow. And that too, is ok.

I have looked at everything, and know what I need to do. I have a plan in front of me to still lose this week despite one day of crappy eating. I am bringing food for myself tonight to the bbq so that I can stay on track. Because I've evaluated my priorities- and I don't care about drinking tonight. I want to drink tomorrow. So tonight, I am GOING to stay on plan and stick to my points and tomorrow, after lots of exercise, I will be able to enjoy myself for the Rose Bowl.. when I do care.

I am done wallowing in one night's failures- and moving on full force- with exercise- to combat the fat, and the sugar, and the cravings for both.

Additionally, I realize, what I used to consume on a regular basis- with no exercise- without any thought- and I see-- clearly-- the path behind me that has led me here.

In the past, setbacks have killed the dream. In the past, more food would soothe the failure. More alcohol would help me not care and help me pretend that all I really want is a party- at any size, and any cost.

But that's not true. I'm done. I've hit my wall with being fat. And one setback is not going to kill my week for me. I am not going to gain on my first weigh-in in 2008. And I'm going to work my ass of this week to make sure of it. It's only Monday.

No comments: