12.09.2007

what a fab wknd!

I have to say- this weekend has been GREAT. I lost just about 3 lbs early early on Saturday morning. AND, at that time, hit my 10pound mark since the end of September. I was thrilled about that. I just like nice round numbers. And then, I left the meeting early, to go do the SantaMonica-VeniceFunRun5k.

It was awesome. I'm so glad I dragged my ass up to LA early early on a Sat. We walked most of it and I was planning for a max of 20min miles for an hour finish and we came in about 10min under that, so I was quite happy w/ that also.

I continue to track all my points religiously. It is more effort that I thought it would be, but its starting to become more of a natural habit. I've learned that the more I can get IN the water, the fruit & veggies, and the exercise.... the LESS I let in the bad stuff.

But, on the note of the "bad stuff" ... I remain super proud of myself. Tonight I hosted a "Chrismukkah" Party complete w/ potato pancakes (aka latkes) and a noodle kugle and then we made sugar cookies. SOMEhow, w/ enough planning and knowledge of what points were floating around me, I was able to eat EXACTLY my points for the day. I may have 4oz of golden spoon fro yo for 1 point of my weekly allowance, but green tea may be enough... I'm just so proud of avoiding the over-eating at a gathering like that. That's usually my downfall. But Chrismukkah was super worth every point, and all the planning!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Hey Paige,
Congrats on being down 10 pounds! That's awesome.

The 5K looks like it was fun. I've always wanted to do one- maybe when I'm back in the US one of these days!

Lindsey said...

I'm glad the pic of my cookie decorating creativeness made the blog. The party was super fun. Let's hang out again soon.