12.15.2007

Losing=Winning

I lost 2.2lbs this week. WooHoo. I ate Mexican food and SourBalls at Disneyland last night, and yet, I still lost. I am thrilled. ESPecially b/c my scale at home lied to me and told me I'd stayed the same. But I went to my weight watcher meeting anyway- thinking I hadn't lost, and w/o my partners in crime, and was so glad that I did!

I broke into a new weight range. You know, like if I was at 151, and dropped to 149 I'd go from the 150s to the 140s... I dream of that day- but for now, I am happy to be moving in a downward trend. With this loss, comes an adjustment to my daily points (ie- calorie, fat & fiber consumption). I lose a point. This is not a big deal, and it IS a big deal.

First, I have never really been able to keep the ball rolling so that I've actually dropped in my points values in the past. So I am thrilled to have made that progress.... But secondly - it opens my eyes to the fact that even though I am eating correctly now to lose, I am going to have to keep making adjustments over time. Right now, I could blow 6 points on a Reese's PB Cup, or 9 points on a croissant, and still work out the rest of my day and not feel that loss of points too painfully to spend on some empty calories. But I realize now, that I am going to have to KEEP making significant adjustments- on a routine basis- to keep losing. And I hate change. I categorically hate it.

But alas, I know it is what I need to get to where I want to be to thrive!

My goal was to hit my 5% today... to lose 5% of my current body weight. I am 1.2 lbs away from that goal. So- next week. Which is ok.

For as long as I have been trying to follow WW, I have never been able to lose a full 10% of my body weight. I also quit or sabotage RIGHT when I'm about 5-10 lbs away from it. So this time, I picked a smaller goal (5%). And hopefully, once I see that I can achieve that, doubling it and hitting the full 10% maybe won't be so hard. If I can do 5% by mid-December, then maybe I can hit 10% by February.

These are the little goals in front of me...
5% by 12/22/07 (adjusted from 12/15)
10% by 2/2/08

Once I've completed just ONE 10% loss- then I just need to keep repeating the process over and over and over again until I reach my goal- before the end of 2008!!!

Oh and get ready. I know I don't have any exciting New Yrs plans this year- and most people I know haven't made ANY kind of decision about what the hell to do THIS year. But I can FOR DAMN SURE tell you that NEXT year, I will be going BIG (in a tiny tiny dress)!

No comments: