12.25.2007

happy whatever... i mean, happy holidays

This managing of the holiday eating is a tough business. I am upping the exercise to account for it and help burn the sugar. I am encountering food "pushing" and I mean, how can you turn down Grandma's cranberry bread baked especially for you? I certainly can't. At least not summarily. I am having to pick and choose and it is tough to decide to talk openly about it or to feign illness or something.

I am confident that with enough exercise, I will not gain this week. But I'm not so sure about a loss...

I went for a run in my new (well, "newish") neighborhood today. I like to be outside to exercise, I have learned. I went for about 45minutes- running 5minutes and walking 5minutes. And I was even able to do some real estate recon work while I was out. My goal right now is to increase the solid running time from 5minutes to 10minutes. And eventually work up to the point where I can continuously run for 30minutes, and then, an hour. Judging by today I can tell you that's going to take a long while... but I'm ready to tackle it.

1 comment:

Tom said...

Paige, wow -- just found this blog. I am SO proud and SO excited for you. You WILL absolutely make your goal weight. I forwarded your blog to Susan. You will HAVE to meet her when she arrives in LA next week. She has been through all of this. I will be reading and following along your journey. Go, Paige, Go!