1.20.2008

cooking for one

So, I have re-evaluated the data. :) Just saying that makes me laugh a little.

In any case, while I wanted to hit my 10% goal before the end of January- and in the back of my mind I thought sometime in February would be ok too- it's a short month...

The reality is, if I lose at the current pace I am on, I won't hit my 10% mark until March 8th.

That is ok. Or at least, that is what I have on repeat in my head in hopes of truly believing it soon.

So to inspire myself, I already picked out my reward class.

It's in the BRAND new Hipcooks WEST location which just opened- with the owner (Monika) herself. And it couldn't be more perfect...

"Cooking For One...
Healthy, cheap, quick and easy (just like you, right? just kidding!) Meals that you can make for just you. Of course, they could also be made for two – you singles can mingle in this class! A barrage of items on the menu!
Butternut squash, apple and ginger soup, my fave pasta in the world, pizzette with caramelized shallots, proscuitto, rosemary and goat cheese, tilapia with salsa verde and puy lentils. Apple galette for the sweet tooth."

It's on a Tuesday night - 3/18 to be exact (from 7-10pm) and I'm registering to commit myself to this goal. Her purchases can be used on other classes if you have to cancel, so I figure I'm in the clear if I don't make my goal and need to adjust the date... but I won't do that. :)

There are about 12-14 open spaces right now and they fill up quickly... if anyone is interested in joining me-- it is a fantastic fun time-- and really delicious food too!

I am now exactly 2 lbs. away from hitting that 20lb total loss. It WILL be gone this week. Running is going to get me there... along with everything else. Also- I forgot to mention that I was actually awarded some "stay and succeed" charm for hitting like a 16 week commitment or something. It was funny to get it on a week that I gained... but it was still beneficial to know that merely hangin in there is just as (if not more) important as the # on the scale.

Does anyone else see that once I had a clear # in my head I haven't been able to hit it? When I was just trying to do my best, without looking at the stats and #s and planning it all out to the last ounce lost, I was doing great. I gotta get back to that mentality... and asap!