1.04.2008

"unadulterated loathing"

"Loathing- unadulterated loathing" ...

Have you heard the Wicked soundtrack?? Apparently this is my new almost-end-of-run musical accompaniment. Loathing is the perfect happy music on the perfect pace. I just freaking luv it! It is a little pick-me-up. While the lyrics are super sarcastic- the music is super happy- and it is the perfect blend to start that jog again when you are starting to slow on the walk pace.

"What is this feeling?
Fervid as a flame-
does it have a name?
Yes!...

Loathing!
Unadulterated loathing…

Let’s just say – I loathe it all!

Ev’ry little trait, however small
Makes my very flesh begin to crawl
With simple utter loathing
There’s a strange exhilaration
In such total detestation

It’s so pure - so strong!

Though I do admit it came on fast
Still I do believe that it can last
And I will be loathing
Loathing you my whole life long!

These things are sent to try us!..."

So, I went running(/walking) for an hour this a.m. -- in the grey dreary weather. But it was freakin fantastic! (see route below) I am about to deal w/ my free weights next.

I had a lovely breakfast before that of a cup of blackberries and an english muffic w/ my faux peanut butter.

After my run, I had a nonfat latte from Peet's and then went into Diane's Bathing Suit shop for some further inspiration. Everything they have in there is SO cute. I can't wait to wear it. My goal is a size 12 at this point. The salesgirl seems to love when I told her I was "shopping for inspiration" ... I didn't even want to walk in... but it wasn't as bad as I thought.

I may not lose tomorrow... but I had a great week even though I struggled w/ both keeping the eating under control (in my fave bar establishments), and with motivating to exercise.

I feel fantastic. I am doing everything for me at this moment and that is precisely what I need to be doing.

No comments: