1.07.2008

do more

I am going to "24SET" tonight. Its a combo aerobic and strength class. Hopefully the knee won't be too much of an issue. It's not actually "hurt" ... just a huge scrape that is producing a nasty scab so my knee is anti-bending right now... but not really injured. Isn't that a lovely visual? It could be worse- I might take pictures.

Anyhow, I'm posting this b/c I feel flakey about going, even tho its only hours away. So I hope to report tomorrow, that I actually went. :-) This is the whole public accountability I speak of, in action.

In other workout news, I am going back to Bootcamp... starting Feb 4th...
It is one of the best workouts I've ever gotten. It's like personal training but there is a group- so you don't feel like you have someone hovering over you- even though they will in fact kick your ass into shape. I love it and miss it and even though I am not going to be thrilled to do the drive 3x/wk, I figure its an excuse to see people too while I'm up there.
I used to be at 12lb free weights, but I'm definitely going back to my 8's. Day one will SUCK... but it will get better.
I am hoping this will in fact increase the speed at which I start losing by increasing my metabolism... slowly, but surely.

Because I realize 1lb/wk isn't going to get me where I want to be. I'm not knocking it. I'm happy it's in the right direction. But I realize that if I want to attain my goals, which involve a minimum of 2.5lbs/wk, then I'm going to have to do more- and work harder. All, while avoiding a burnout swing in the wrong direction.

No comments: