1.05.2008

down 1 lb.

I am down exactly 1 pound this week. I was very nervous about this weigh-in. I really thought I might gain b/c of bar food this week. But apparently I did enough exercise to combat. I am thrilled. But, I'm not as thrilled as I should be. I feel sort of mopey about it. I dunno...

I have all these lofty goals- and what I am doing is working- but I want it to go faster- and I want it not to be so hard. I am sure you can tell, if you are reading faithfully, that I post to this blog often enough. It is because I am constantly thinking about what I am eating- when I am exercising- who I am seeing and where and how that will affect what I eat. It is so much mental energy to keep doing well at this.

I am getting better at it. This past past week I went both to Tony P's AND to Sharkeez-- old faves. And I survived. But it was hard. Which, I think, means I'm not quite ready to put myself in those places just yet.

I'd rather see a bigger loss on the scale than have the luxury of spending a few hours in those places. There is always a trade-off, and a choice to be made.

No comments: