1.10.2008

"our lives are made, in these small hours"

Apple crisp. ice cream. ice cream sundae. fudge brownie. fudge brownie w/ ice cream.

Pizza, pasta & cheese, oh my.

I survived it all. One more dinner out, down.

It is amazing to me how I really have started to make a dent in the change to my eating habits. I guess meals in a one-on-one sort of scenario I have managed thus far. But I think it really is "group" settings in which I face the most temptation. But I am starting to take a weird satisfaction in NOT eating the crap, instead of stuffing myself with it. I am content to sit and watch everyone eat the junk, knowing that I'm not lost in the food haze anymore. Not that I wish unhealthy food on anyone else, and least not, my friends and family... but I am just so happy that I am not the one eating it that I can't see beyond that for the time being. The difference, is that I show up, and I'm present, at the table. I rarely open menus now, particularly if I know where I'm going in advance. I thought that I was getting onto an auto-pilot track, but that is inaccurate. I was on auto-pilot. Now I am finally present at the meal- to conversation, and to people. I'm not there for the food. And I can't say that was the case before this began.

I left the restaurant not full. Definitely not hungry either. But I'm starting to learn what that feels like- satisfied vs. stuffed. I don't think I've been familiar w/ that difference since I was a kid.

Next, I am waking up to work-out madness. Which reminds me, I should charge my iPod...
I am going to do my hour run/walk (5minutes running, 5minutes walking) and then 24Lift, again (maybe it won't hurt this time). I aspire to do a 20-30min. walk after this, but we'll see how it goes. I'm going to the Cypress gym because well, I'd rather lift weights at 10am than 6am. They have a better schedule for Friday.

But one of these days, I am going to run to my gym- lift- and run home. That is a new goal. I mapped it. It's about 2.5 miles to the gym. So right now, I could get there, but I'd be damn tired on the return. I need to build up some more stamina. When I am doing 4-5 miles solidly for about a week, then I'll try it.

The one thing I haven't been good about this week is water. I haven't been drinking enough. And I had a lot of salt early in the week. I even think I got slightly dehydrated today. I have a suspicion that could affect things on Saturday, but hopefully I'll be able to get my system back on track w/ that in the next day.

Additionally, tonight, after not having even a single bite of all that dessert at CPK, I left the golden spoon in the freezer, and had a cup of defrosted blackberries instead. I'm not sure who that was taking those actions in my kitchen- but I'm glad she's starting to show her face more often.

No comments: