1.25.2008

not natural

The scale is still saying ok things today. That's fantastic. One more day of good eating to get through- and maybe a walk if there's a decent break in the rain to go for it.

I have a hot date of laundry and reading planned for myself tonight. (Man, this healthy business has made me boring - particularly on Friday nights)...

If I lose this week with less exercise, that's not going to be a great reinforcement for next week. But I know it's all cyclical. I am really starting to figure out though that it's more about the food than the exercise right now. Not that I'm not saying the exercise isn't also important. But, I guess I am trying to say this: It is easier for me to add lots of exercise into a week, than it is for me to eat well, for an entire week. So for me, the food remains the focal point of this process.

The exercise is awesome- and a key component to feeling well, and strong, and healthy. But the food is my downfall. And even though I started Weight Watchers again in September, and REALLY started doing it hardcore back in November, that is only a small blip on the radar of my entire life of unhealthy eating. So, I still don't have it under control. It still has to be this huge effort. It is not natural yet. And every DAY or HOUR that I forget that, I don't take the weight off.

No comments: